Position Announcement - IPPS International Executive Director
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
International Plant Propagators’ Society (IPPS), an international non-profit association of plant production professionals, is seeking an Executive Director, based in the U.S.A. There are over 1350 members in IPPS from eight geographical regions around the world.
The Executive Director is the point of contact for all IPPS and Board business at the International level and is responsible for the successful management of IPPS. The successful applicant will report directly to the International Chairperson but will work closely with the Board of Directors to advance the success of IPPS. The Executive Director will implement board policies, organize board meetings and coordinate committee activities. The Executive Director will work with the International Treasurer on the preparation of the budgets and financial statements as well as investments. The Executive Director should have knowledge of administrating a non-profit organization, preferably one with an international membership base. With the approval of the Board, some aspects of the work may be contracted outside the Society’s office.
The Executive Director is a part time position as an independent contractor. The position is not considered an officer of the International Board of Directors and has no voting rights in relation to the affairs of the board. Salary will be dependent on the extent of services provided. The incumbent will provide office space with a stable address, office equipment including but not limited to: a computer operating in a Windows environment with Microsoft Office programs, printer, scanner, telephone, secure, strong internet connection. The Executive Director will establish the official IPPS address and provide adequate storage of IPPS records. The office can be located anywhere in the mainland United States.
Specific Duties Include:
1) Coordinate all Board meetings, including polling Directors for meeting dates, preparing minutes and Board packages as needed for meetings. Keep track of committee assignments and update the Board as committee progress occurs.
2) Advance the Strategic Plan as directed by the Board, including assisting the Board with research and implementation of initiatives which further the mission of IPPS.
3) Work with and support the Regions of IPPS in promotional activities to maintain and expand Regions and membership. Assist members, sponsors and other individuals in marketing IPPS through the IPPS website, social media and other online means of communications. Assist the International Chairperson with editing and publication of a quarterly member newsletter.
4) Ensure the website remains up to date and relevant with the assistance of the webmaster.
5) Maintain the current membership database and develop it as a tool for better marketing of IPPS.
6) Ensure budget and financial reporting are completed in a timely manner. Administer Board travel expenses and reimbursements according to IPPS policy.
7) Inform Regional Secretaries on a regular basis of Board activities and organize an annual conference call with the Regional Secretaries.
8) Assist the International Editor as necessary to allow for timely publication of IPPS conference proceedings.
9) Be aware of IPPS member benefits and regularly communicate them.
Any other duties as requested by the International Chairperson.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
1) Experience in administrating a non-profit organization preferred.
2) Good management skills and experience.
3) Bookkeeping and accounting experience, including a strong understanding of financial statements.
4) Clearly demonstrated ability to establish and manage priorities.
5) Is a self-starter.
6) Proficient in English with good writing and editing skills.
7) Computer, database, internet and social media literacy.
8) Familiarity and /or experience with website management.
9) Experience managing outside contractors.
10) Familiarity with commercial horticulture considered an asset.
11) High personal integrity.
12) Able to be Bonded
13) Diplomatic toward international cultures
Applications considered through July 31, 2019
Please submit application with supporting information to Alan Jones, IPPS International Chairman